Written Responses: 1. 18 individual questions to be answered (keep question with answer)
2. 200 word minimum response required, for each question
3. APA style,
4. Each question, need 2 refrences, citations are required for each question
Dowling, P. J., Festing, M., & Engle, A. (2013). International human resource management (6th ed.). Boston, MA: Cengage.
1. Compare cross-cultural management studies, and list their advantages and disadvantages.
2. Define culture. How can culture be conceptionalized?
3. Discuss two HR activities in which a multinational firm must engage, which would not be required in a domestic environment?
4. To what extent do cultures undergo changes? Expound upon your statement with an example.
1. Country of origin can strongly influence a firm’s approach to organization structure. As MNEs from China and India internationalize, to what extent are they likely to differ from Japanese, European, and U.S. MNEs?
2. What are the specific HRM challenges in a networked firm?
3. What are the advantages and disadvantages of the global matrix structure?
4. How can a social relationship be considered a control?
1. What are the two-equity based forms of cross-border alliances? Describe each function.
2. What are the four phases of M&A, and what happens at each phase?
3. What is the difference between merger and acquisition?
4. Why would a company enter into an international joint venture?
1 .What are the five stressors impacting non-expatriates? Give a brief example of each.
2. What are the four terms to describe MNE approaches to managing and staffing subsidiaries? What are the advantages and disadvantages of each?
3. Discuss the externally and internally established barriers to females taking international assignments.
4. What are the most common reasons for rejecting an international assignment? Do different countries have different reasons for assignment rejection?
1.Discuss the components of the Mendenhall, Dunbar, and Oddou cross-cultural training model. What are the components of the model, and how does the training approach relate to each component?
2. What skills and knowledge are acquired through a typical international assignment?