Discuss a personal issue (or an issue that one of your clients has discussed with you in the past, 7-21 years of age). The issue may be well in the past as in a childhood issue or it may be something you (or your client) is currently experiencing now.
1) Using Erikson’s Stages of Psychosocial Development, identify the life stage in which the issue is taking place and explain the conflict that takes place during this time period according to Erikson
2) Select and apply other theories to this issue that are appropriate to this case.
(Freud’s theory of Psycho sexual development, Piagets 4 stages of Cognitive Development or Mary Ainworth’s 4 basic types of attachment).
3) Research the current findings and seriousness of the problem and how your findings help you as a Social Service Professional in your work with clients with this problem.
4) Identify four different resources (including no more than 2 agencies) that you could refer this client if they were to experience an issue similar to the one you have chosen to discuss.
Keep in mind, you may use a genuine personal problem/issue or as an alternative you may use a current client to represent in this report (ensure confidentiality and anonymity is used at all times). All reports are confidential and read only by the instructor. Please do not use an issue that is complex or is traumatic such as abuse or informs me that you are currently at risk, someone else is at risk or a child is at risk for neglect or abuse, as I may have to pursue the breach process as a result.
The report should be a maximum of 5-6 pages, double-spaced not including title page and references. Optional any tables, figures, and graphs may be attached to the appendices section of your report and do not count in the basic 5-7 pages. You MUST use APA standards to cite in-text references and refer to appendices if needed. Tables, figures, and graphs are encouraged to strengthen the report although they are not required.
Marking Scheme (100 marks total)
1. The problem is clearly stated including a multicultural perspective if relevant. (10 marks)
2. The appropriate life stage of development is identified and the theory is applied accurately. (10 marks)
3. Use 3 other theories (in addition to Eriksons) to adequately explain the individual issue you have described. Theories are applied that are relevant to the current problem and life stage. (40 marks)
4. Research on the topic is relevant and related to the issue. (10 marks)
5. The resources and agencies selected as referrals for your clients are appropriate given the nature of the issue. (10 marks)
6. Insight, critical and constructive self-analysis and the ability to apply a variety of perspectives to the issue/life stage appropriately and in-depth have been achieved. (10 marks)
7. APA standards have been used. Outside references are relevant, contemporary and credible. Spell and grammar check applied. The submission is professional looking.
Appendices are used appropriately. (10 marks)