Today, most businesses are increasingly relying on information technology so as to effectively conduct their business operations. More and more businesses are challenged with the most effective applicable methods when using the voluminous amount of data in order to steer growth as well as to improve their competitive position (Vaughan, 2011). Recently, I had the opportunity to experiment with information lines that have become a common medium of communication by many businesses as well as in public services. In this regard, I inquired for different services such as; direction search, horoscope, news feed as well as Oracle’s share stock price. However, to get varying experiences, I used different accents and locations. In this paper, I will share my personal experience and investigate ways of creating and improving mobile friendly websites while at the same time seek to explore services that may be incorporated to voice recognition websites.
My personal experience was quite eye-opening as different systems made me to be aware that both content and sound of my voice have the capacity of providing clues about my personal dialect and emotional state. Therefore;
- When I tried to use other accents that do not naturally belong to me, I came to realize that my message got distorted across different communication lines.
- I discovered that effective speaking is more concerned with actually being in a position of speaking in a public context, while at the same time reflecting both clarity and confidence in my voice (Vaughan, 2011).
- I realized that effective voice is achieved in an environment where there is neither noise nor pressure to conform to any expectations or rules. This is because as I tried to communicate in noisy environment where there was pressure, my message tended to get distorted.
While designing a web design, it is critical to incorporate designs that are accessible from all types of mobile devices such as the huge flat-screen and tiny devices. Therefore;
- I will ensure that designs incorporate strategies that ensure that they are adaptive and responsive, besides displaying well in various devices (Woods & United States, 2003).
- The web designs are supposed to be simplified so that more people are able to access and use them. To achieve this, I may decide to view on certain platforms such as GooglrGoMoMeter, so as to identify any kind of changes that are needed in the design.
- I will ensure that design have large font sizes, simpler page design, big touchable buttons as well as having visible critical information concerning cooking recipes.
- Finally to get consumers for the cooking recipes, I will provide important personal details such as name, phone number and any accessible link at the extreme top left in the web site’s home page (Woods & United States, 2003).
As a web designer I know that voice recognition website may not be in a position to speak the exact same way they speak under normal conditions such as when using slang (Pautasso, Bussler & Gschwind, 2008). To improve user experience in for cooking consumers, there are several strategies that I may employ;
- The first main important service is having an extensive list of voice commands that would be effective during formatting and editing processes of texts.
- Secondly, it is critical to have a dictation that is functional on any type of browser or app that has a virtual keyboard.
- Lastly, most consumers would want to multitask while dictating. For this reason, having the services of a voice dictation app would be an ideal solution.
Vaughan, J. (2011). Web Scale Discovery Services: A Library Technology Report. Chicago: ALA Editions.
Woods, W. T., & United States. (2003). Contracting for information technology services. Washington, DC: U.S. General Accounting Office.
Pautasso, C., Bussler, C., & Gschwind, T. (2008). Emerging Web services technology. Basel: Birkhauser.