This assignment will entail interviewing a person in the public health, emergency management, disaster mental health, or hospital emergency management planning position.
You’re asked to summarize your findings, and offer your own insight based on the interview. You will ask you’re interviewing some of the following questions:
1. What are some of the most frightening areas in regards to disaster management, emergency response, and possibly handling terrorist activities?
2. How well is this community, hospital, or local area prepared to handle a disaster or a public health event?
3. What are some of the preparatory measures that need to be done in order to maintain safety or organizational integrity during the event?
4. What are some of the possible trainings that you would suggest that the community become involved with?
5. Where do you see emergency management/public health/disaster preparedness within the next 5 years?
6. Where do you foresee some of the challenges taking place regarding disaster mental health?
7. In your opinion, how can disaster mental health become integrated as a regular part of emergency management planning?
8. Who do you consider to be some of the key stakeholders in the community? Why do they play an integral role in emergency preparedness, public health, or disaster management?
9. How can local leaders become more involved in emergency preparedness and response concerning mental health?
10. What are some of the positive social changes that can be accomplished regarding the integration of disaster mental health for the community?
Conduct the interview and write a summary of the questions and answers.